[OM] Re: DSLR vs. Prosumer

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR vs. Prosumer
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:45:48 -0700
In it's way an interesting piece but hardly new. That argument's as old as
the hills and was just as valid with SLRs (more so, in my opinion) as it is
now with DSLRs.

I guess the answer is that for the rich and crazy the price difference
won't stop their purchase of the "newest and best," many of the working
in-house pros will just continue to shoot with whatever gear their
companies purchase for them (i.e. top of the line) while the other pros
will buy the best equipment they can afford and justify for their business
needs.

That pretty much just leaves Mr. and Mrs. Smith in Iowa and "us." Can't
speak for the Smiths but for me the answer is: I can't afford what I want
(actually, it's more like "lust after") and have no interest in the other.

Now I don't know, but it seems to me my "article" above affords about as
much useful information as Michael's test in many fewer words and leaves
"us" on precisely the same spot along . . . the road. <g>

Tris