[OM] Re: justification for keeping auto tubes ?

Subject: [OM] Re: justification for keeping auto tubes ?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:41:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/04 12:21:16 PM Central Daylight Time, aemit@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> I also have the telescopic auto tube, which I
> sometimes use with the Kiron to get even more extension, and I also have
> the bellows,
> which is nice with a reversed lens (goes to 10x with a reversed 24 f2.8).
> Currently, I see no more use for the set of auto extension tubes

Let me answer it this way.  I have the auto extension tube, the bellows and
two sets of extension tubes.  I am a sick man!  Now, why do I keep the
extension tubes. They tend to be easier to use than the other options.  They
are
lighter.  They can be used with any lens to allow for closer focusing.  Yes,
any
lens, including the big bad boy Tamron long glass. I will often throw the 90mm
2.5 Tamron and a set of tubes in the kit for walking around.  Yes, I could
carry the auto extension tube and give up the space for another lens, but these
fit in a side pocket of my small case.  What happens when you want a little
extension on your 16 or 18mm?  I may not have answered your question, however
at
least confused you a little.  Bill Barber