[OM] Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?

Subject: [OM] Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:53:56 -0700

On Apr 23, 2004, at 3:56 PM, James Royall wrote:

>>   Heavy?  Yes.  Big?  Yes.
>> Appropriate size and mass for what it's for?  Yes
>

> I've never understood why a big camera helps anything. What am I
> missing out on with my OM2?

Nothing, in my opinion. In the "other world" only the big, heavy ones
get the most refined controls because they are the most expensive and
people confuse mass with quality. The lack of understanding is
frequently revealed when people complain that some cameras like the E-1
lack anything to hold onto on the left side of the body. And people
frequently express the need to balance a large lens with a heavy body
with no concept of how to hold the camera cradling the lens with the
left hand. These are people who have shot with AF their whole lives and
P&S for most of their lives.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA