[OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:06:48 -0700

On Apr 24, 2004, at 6:29 AM, Gary Edwards wrote:

>   My nose, which is well-adapted for producing negative
> scratch-reducing oil, winds up pressed tightly against the LED screen
> on a C*n*n 10D when I put my eye to the viewfinder.  The C*n*n pro rep
> took umbrage when I told him that was a stupid design

You do wonder at some of the ergonomics. I suspect that most of the
camera engineers never take pictures, unlike Maitani. If you think the
10D is bad, take a look at the $5000 Kodak 14N some time. The
viewfinder is in the original place as the one on the Nikon N80 it is
based on, but the body swells out beneath it to capture the
electronics, that the eyepiece is recessed.  You have to turn your head
to the side, lay your cheek against the LCD and angle your eye to one
side to look through the viewfinder.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA