[OM] Re: Ebay stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay stuff
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:24:48 +1000
My record was six months for a large package (300/4.5) sent to New
Jersey from Melbourne. Enough time for the insurance to be claimed,
checked, pass the qualifying date and be paid.  It finally arrived on
the same day as the refund I sent!
I did not reverse the process on the grounds that it was effectively
lost and cost us both considerable time and irritation. The customer
did well as she ended up with a free lens - I was out of pocket as I
lent her my Tamron 300mm and paid postage. It was then I learned that
packages take 2 days to and from San Diego and Oz and that USPS is
seriously slow with International stuff.
AndrewF
(Still waiting for a SCSI card!)

http://www.pbase.com/afildes