[OM] Re: Fotheringhay Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Fotheringhay Northamptonshire
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:01:00 -0700
on 4/24/04 2:17 PM, Adam Long at adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Though for some reason the walls never look quite vertical in photos! The
> landscape here is particularly impressive considering it was all designed to
> look natural - down to the last tree - by Capability Brown in the 1760's.
> Previously the grounds were laid out in the french formal style, and Brown's
> efforts even included moving the village of Edensor to improve the views!!

Right there I thought of the quote "The rich are different from you and
me..." In this case, its almost as though they are from a whole different
planet.

> If you do have any photos of the peak district from above please post them up
> - I spend most of my time out there either climbing or photographing and it'd
> be great to see it from a different perspective.
> Cheers,
> Adam

I'm glad the landscaper 240 years ago planned so well, and more glad that
somehow the intervening years didn't result in the land all around being
divided again and again into single house lots, 7-11's, gas stations and
fast food restaurants. Nothing like owning everything for a few thousand
acres around for keeping the yard nice... <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...