[OM] Re: Website Update and Isle Royale Essay

Subject: [OM] Re: Website Update and Isle Royale Essay
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:28:48 -0700 (PDT)
Chris wrote:
> I have just shot some Velvia 50 (EI 64)
> and the colours are just lovely.  Now all I have to do is take
> photos of interesting subjects ;-)

Velvia 50 at 64?  Well, I recon that you could if the metering
was a bit off, but that definitely is on the fast side for this
film.  It does crank up the saturation a bit more, and throws
nearly everything Zones III and under into solid black.

Regarding the homepage shot. It was taken back when F50 was
still available. I learned about the aging properties of
F50/F100 and bought cases of it, letting it age to the point
where the saturation point and colorcast was where I wanted it
and then froze it all.

I think Fuji must have gotten wind of what so many of us were
doing.  Velvia 50, when it was first introduced, was a
dead-ringer for our specially aged F50.

It was a sad day when F50 was discontinued.  Velvia was
smoother, but at the expense of acutance.  F50 was slightly more
edgy.  F50 projected better, but Velvia scanned better.  (except
for peppergrain).

I know, more information than anybody cared to read.

AG-Schnozz