[OM] Re: Help solving problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Help solving problem
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:48:28 +0100
Well now, it was the pubs I had in mind - what, pray, did you *think* I had
in mind?  From a purely "local" matter of interest, you now have awakened
enquiring minds the world around...

OK, I agree with your original thought, this sounds very much as if the
shutter is not firing at 1/60 or slower, as it should with a charged T20 on
the hotshoe.

I assume that you left the camera in Fully Auto mode - have you tried
setting the camera to Manual Adaptor mode?  As far as I remember that forces
the camera to fire at 1/60 (unless you have amanual adaptor fitted, in which
case, of course, you have to set the adaptor to 1/60 too!).  Another thought
would be cleaning the hotshoe contacts, and trying a different flashgun
(and, of course, trying the flashgun on a different OM) because, it seems to
me, we can't tell whether 'tis the flashgun or the camera at fault here.

Hope this helps.

Piers