[OM] Re: Help solving problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Help solving problem
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:44:41 -0400
Older style OM-10s allow a conflict to occur between the body and manual
adapter.  The 10 is supposed to set itself to the flash synch speed (1/45th)
automatically when a T flash is used.  However, on unmodified OM-10s, if the
manual adapter is sitting in place and the dial is set above 1/60, that
setting overrides the auto flash sync speed and will give you partial
frames.

Here's a test:  set camera to B setting, set manual adapter to 1 second.
Wind shutter, quickly fire shutter.  If shutter stays open for  1 second
instead of the short time you held the release button down, your body needs
modification.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.