[OM] Re: CLA

Subject: [OM] Re: CLA
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:31:42 -0300
on 26/04/2004 12:17, jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> (that is 1/125th sec @ f/16 in my case).  I checked the
> exposure with another camera and the same lens and came up exactly with
> this EV, but my OM4Ti reads 1/60th sec @ f/16.

This reminds me of a post sent on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:10:34 +0200.
During those days I was offlist and was surprised to find it at the website.
It doesn't concern me directly since I won't ever own a 4 because it is not
serviceable in my country.
But I'm amazed to find in this post extensive documented data on spot
metering vs. CW metering on the same recently CLA'd 4 body - CW was
consistent though a large array of lenses but spot was offset by different
values on different lenses, reading the same eavenly lit surface. It was a
significant offset and showed on slides, more obviously when using lenses
that caused a more significant offset.
The thread didn't last long, and John commented '...get used to it...'.
Is this a characteristic metering behaviour of the 4(T-Ti) and 2SP, or is it
that when behaving this way it is imposible to adjust/repair (circuit?)
What about the 3 (T-Ti) ?
Or is it due to each lens design, or the way it tells its aperture to the
body ?

As another listee used to state: "inquiring minds want to know".

Fernando

Fernando.