[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:50:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/04 10:28:06 PM Central Standard Time,
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< You are all seasoned Zuikoholics...I get the impression that most of you
 > own
 > the higher end OM-3, 4, or 4TI. Do any of you still use an OM-1, 1N, 2, or
 > 2N?
 >
 > I really was hoping to get a "higher" end OM series camera...I found an
 > OM-4 >>

Yes, some of us have a variety of OMs.  I am one of those.  With the
exception of the OM 3T, I have at least one of each of the single digit OMs,
which
simply means I have a choice.  The OM 2S is the body which usually finds its
way
into my kit.  I find the ease of use and spot metering ability to be its
strong points.  The weak point, one shared with the OM 4, is the circuit.
Either
becomes a paper weight when the circuit goes.  Given a choice of an OM 2S at
about half the price of the OM 4, I'd take the OM 2S, but then I guess that may
be one of the reasons I have so many OM 2S bodies.  Bill Barber