[OM] Re: CLA

Subject: [OM] Re: CLA
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:04:57 -0400
Good question - I don't really remember what batteries are in there, but I
do recall checking the archives to make sure I was using the correct
batteries.  At the same time I was looking for replacement batteries for my
Gossen (to replace the mercury batteries).  I don't know when the 2N was
last checked.  However, by my own experience (for what that is worth), the
2N reading was exactly what I would have set the cameras manually if I was
unable to meter.  As I indicated, this was a very VERY unscientific
comparison - I was just surprised to see the meters differ by a full stop.

I often have two or more bodies with me loaded with different film.  Every
now and then I just check one meter against the other to give me a little
peace of mind!  One problem I have with the OM4Ti is to set the exposure
dial for the ISO, and forget to check the over/under exposure compensation!
I have shot before with the correct ISO and the camera accidentally set for
a stop over or under.  By checking the cameras with each other, it serves
as a reminder to me to double check the compensation control.  I really
haven't had this problem with the OM2n.

Jim Caldwell