[OM] Re: E-1 and OM Autobellows -- Sample Image

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM Autobellows -- Sample Image
From: Cyrtolite@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:33:26 -0400
I absolutely agree that sharpening of digital images is an important step in
post processing and I would add that it should be the very last step before
saving the final image.

Just a word of caution following up to Chuck's suggestion.  If you try
sharpening the image I posted you are unlikely to see optimal results.  First
of all, the image has already been sharpened and resharpening, even with the
most sophisticated tool, usually produces poor results unless it's done after
significant downsampling.  Secondly, it's a JPEG. If you re-save it (as a
JPEG), you re-compress it, causing additional data loss.  The resulting
artifacts might be subtle but they are nonetheless visible on close examination.

Scott