[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:44:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/04 11:16:49 PM Central Standard Time,
gordross@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Not to cast any doubt on our mutual Zuikoholism or anything. . . but
 > this does make me wonder whether there are some other "cult" Zuikos
 > that fetch high prices which may be less than totally justified. The
 > 180/2.8? 100/2? Comments anyone?
 >
 >   -- Ross >>

I've had both the Zuiko and Tamron 180mm lenses. The Tamron is internal focus
and a bit faster.  For my $$ the Tamron won out at 1/2 to 2/3 the price of
the Zuiko.  It is usually in my kit.  Haven't used the 100mm f2, however very
much like the 2.8.  Bill Barber