[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:26:14 EDT
I have a leica CL and the 40/2 and 90/4 lenses, and use a Voigtlander 25mm
when I need a wider view. That CL 40/2 lens is rated as one of the best
performers of all time. The color rendition of mine is terrific, as is the
sharpness.
You want a small kit that still gives you remarkable quality- the CL and 40mm
is it.

George S.

jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx writes:
Actually, I think I might like the 40mm focal length on a Leica, in the
future I suppose I'll be looking for either a 35/2.0 Summicron or the 40/2.0
that went on the Leica CL. I could use it with a 35mm frame and just compose
it a little tighter... But right now my funding won't support -any- lens
acquisitions.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...