[OM] Re: Just to stir the pot - cheap lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Just to stir the pot - cheap lenses
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:56:38 EDT
I had a Toyo zoom once, can't recall what version... but it gave such soft
images that they almost looked out of focus. A terrible lens. You have to be
real careful with those odd brands. Sometimes you get a good performer from 20
years ago that's been forgotten in this world of EOS and Digicams, sometimes
you
get a real dog, and most of the time you get a lens that's just so-so. Lots
of those 3rd party lenses had different manufacurers supplying
them through the years, and someone will tell me they had a 'great' one, when
I had a dog.

George S.

distinctivedeal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Okay let's poke a little into THIS hornets nest ....hehehehe

Couldn't help myself but I bought a couple of those cheap aftermarket
left-over lenses fro Henry's on xBay.

A Star-D 70-200mm f3.9 and a Toyo 75-300mm f5.6

Both brand new in OEM box with OEM papers.

I have to report that they work very nicely !!  $100 plus shipping for both
lenses and I love to use them.