[OM] Re: Just to stir the pot - cheap lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Just to stir the pot - cheap lenses
From: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:07:30 +1000 (EST)
Enlarging a photo makes a whole world of difference. You are probably best
off looking at C#non and N*kon's cheap lenses vs L or ED glass lenses,
especially zooms, since they are possibly the best documented around. When
you blow photos up, lens resolution and limitations becomes obvious.

Of course, not all cheap lenses are bad. I picked up for about $15USD a
Sigma-Z YS 135/2.8 that seems rather sharp at most apertures.