[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:57:38 EDT
>From what I've seen, the 28mm Rokkor is no longer a viable choice. I've
looked at 4 or so of them over the years, with the intention of buying one. All
of
them had the 'white spots' element separation. One was not too bad at all,
just a few scattered around the outer edge of the glass, the others had so many
spots, it just HAD to effect the image, IMO.
Combine that condition with the fact that people are still asking, and for
the most part getting, prices in the Zuiko 40mm range, I took a pass, gave up
trying to find one, and bought the Voigtlander 25/4. I'm very happy with that
lens.

George S.