[OM] Pleasant SprintScan surprise

Subject: [OM] Pleasant SprintScan surprise
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:50:52 -0500
Listers may remember I was griping about my SprintScan 4000 with its dead lamp
and the high repair charges I was quoted by a rep at Polaroid.

I am very happy to report that Polaroid's Parts Department found a way to fix
the problem for a flat rate that was substantially lower than what I
anticipated, based on a lamp assembly replacement. A reader of the Filmscanners
list, who may be from Polaroid, took the trouble to forward my enquiry about
third-party repair options to Polaroid's Parts Dept, who then helped me out.

Even though I was given the option just to order the part for less than $80,
they could also perform a cleaning, re-calibration, and add a 90-day warranty
that I felt offered excellent value for $200. I was lucky to get the problem
correctly defined so as to spare troubleshooting time and expenses. Turnaround
was very quick and I was not charged for return shipping.

I just posted my thanks to the lister and to the Parts lady. Looking forward to
disseminating bad photos digitally.

Phil

PS -- Sorry, A.F., that means I'll be using SilverFast "8^)

==