[OM] [OT] Sunpak flash experts?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Sunpak flash experts?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:51:20 -0500
Anyone out there claim to be an expert on Sunpak flashes - specifically,
the TL-6 and TL-8 "tele-zoom" adapters for the 400-series shoe-mount units?
I have two 433D (OM dedicated) units, which I'm very happy with - about the
same output as a T32, and the vertical form factor helps red eye just a
bit. I've managed to acquire both a TL-6 and a TL-8 adapter... both
physically fit the 433D - indeed, except for the fresnel lens at the front,
the two appear identical. The marked focal lengths on the extending portion
differ as well, one going from 40 to 135, the other from 35 to 135. The
TL-6 is more opaque or diffused than the TL-8. The manual for the 433D
lists the TL-8 as the appropriate extender; I have no documentation for the
TL-6, but have noted (via Google) that it seems to be specified for use
with a Sunpak 422 flash. So the question is, What's the difference? I've
used the TL-8 with some success, and will experiment with the TL-6, but
inquiring minds want to know! Thanx for any ideas, facts, or wild guesses!

Curt