[OM] Re: Ni-cads for T45

Subject: [OM] Re: Ni-cads for T45
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:17:14 -0400
The inside of the T45 battery pack is anything but straightforward.  There
are 20 - AA nicad cells, split into 5 groups of 4, each group isolated to
the contacts on the top of the battery (five separate contacts, one common
contact, total 6 contacts)   The flash charges from one of the
sets. After discharge, the flash switches automatically to the next set of
4, giving the previous set time to recover until it is needed again.

www.zuiko.com/T45 Battery.htm

It's even MORE fun when you open a 20 year old battery and find that it's
leaking too!!!

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.