[OM] Re: Yet more adventures in rocket photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Yet more adventures in rocket photography
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 09:18:56 +0100
Hi Gary,

The only experience I have of the process is in scanning night shots -
with Vuescan I have found it best to set colour balance to none, which
I believe gives 'default' exposure. Anything else seems to overexpose
the scan as it tries to get an average reading on a primarily black
scene. It might be worth playing around with your scanner / software
combination, to see what results you get. Having said that, the problem
I saw was grain / noise in the blacks, which you don't seem to be
suffering from.

I like the shot - and would love to see a launch myself one day.

James