[OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images

Subject: [OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 07:28:24 -0400
Scott said:
I’ve noticed some interesting anomalies in the E-1 images I’ve
captured with the OM autobellows using the OM/FourThirds adapter.  There
are circular spots that appear in exactly the same location on every
image, regardless of the E-1’s orientation relative to the autobellows
and lens assembly ...

If you follow the link below, you will see two examples of these
anomalies...

<http://aolsvc.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/Start?event=DirectView&shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kfzTiE%2bKh1g1nFbyHCfnWlqEoO5pqsyGu%2fjFCnkV3ciA%3d%3d&pageName=AlbumViewFromEmails>

Do these look familiar to anyone?  Any ideas?
When I saw these concentric circles the first thing I thought of was
Newton's Rings possibly caused by interference between the sensor
surface and Bayer filter.  Not knowing if this was possible I did a
brief search on the subject and came up with this interesting tidbit
which discusses a similar problem doing macrophotography using a Nikon
CoolPix 4500.  The search turned up many hits that I did not pursue.

<http://www.allphotography.free-online.co.uk/PhotoMicrography/coolpixringsupdate/>

Chuck Norcutt