[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:55:28 -0300

 > What are your preferred materials and why:

Print film:
I've been shooting Fuji Superia 200 lately. It seems that the labs process
color print film the way they want it, regardless of what film I start with.
If it is anything serious with people in it, I shoot Portra 160VC or 400VC,
and have the professionals print it.

Slide film.
I shoot Kodak Elitechrome 100 Extra Color all the time now. Until about 2
years ago, I used to shoot mostly Kodachrome 64. The first time I used
Elitechrome extra color, I laughed at the unreal , vivid colors. Now I like
them. Hey, all photography is an interpretation. When I go back and view my
old Kodachrome 64 slides now, they really seem to be lacking that extra
punch.

Black and White:
I use mostly Ilford XP2 super, simply because it is easy to get developed.

Wayne