[OM] Re: Annoying virus

Subject: [OM] Re: Annoying virus
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:33:16 -0700
I'd be nuts to not already have anti-virus software. I do and have had
for quite some years before most people felt it necessary.

However, this begs the issue. The issue being that these are companies
*charging* people to handle their internet service, and then,
effectively adding a tax to the rest of us (in the form of necessitated
anti-virus software purchases and firewalls and the like) because they
won't spend the money to handle their networks properly. If I'm gonna
help "maximize stockholder value" for some company, I want the choice to
do so, not be coerced into doing so.

Extra credit: Anyone know the book where the quoted phrase got used
quite a lot? :-)