[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:09:03 +0200
Hi, Alex and all.

>What are your preferred materials and why:
>
>A. color negative film

I don't shoot this stuff very often, and even less since I own the 300D
digital. The mju-2 is usually loaded with Superia 400, because of the
speed-grain balance.

>B. Color Slide film

Provia 100-F: very fine grain, nice colour (to me) and pushes reasonably
well up to 320 (when I develop it by myself). I'd like to try the Astia
100-F.

Fuji Sensia 400: excellent balance speed-quality-price. Great for
astro-photography when pushed to 1600.

>C. Black and White negative film

Tri-X: usually rated 1600 and soaked in DD-X, gives me good speed,
reasonable grain and *beautiful* tonal range.

Delta 100: it's now in my bulk film loader -- fine grain and nice tonal range.

Pan-F (plus): smooth grain, sometimes I like its 'classic' look.

Kodak Technical Pan: *weird* film, for sure, and it doesn't like DD-X at
all (though I got nice results in HC-110) but the detail is unbelievable,
plus almost no grain.

Enjoy,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>