[OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:38:18 -0500
Hi Chris,

Probably a good idea on the 400 film for the Mju, especially since there
are such good ones around.  Even with a possible f11 or 13 (does it even
stop down that far?) you might not get there if the camera doesn't sense
enough light to get the shutter speed up to its predetermined threshold
to prevent camera shake.  I wonder if there is a published table on
program mode in these cameras at specific EV?  In my recent tests using
100 ASA slide film, I was constantly having to turn off the flash, even
outdoors with "plenty" of light (from my point of view).  I did get some
evidence of camera shake, but most shots turned out OK.  But I don't
like coaching my wife through all that stuff any more than she likes me
doing it, so the faster film keeps us both smiling.

It's too bad the zoom 80 dropped the spot mode feature (not that I'd
coach my wife through that either).  Do coach her through using the fill
flash feature for the people shots (when appropriate).  That is a
wonderful feature.

And have a wonderful time. :)

Joel W.