[OM] Re: R: Re: Problem with exposure times on OM-2n

Subject: [OM] Re: R: Re: Problem with exposure times on OM-2n
From: "pat rabun" <rabun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:39:44 -0500
I think many of us just like the satisfaction of working on our own
stuff. The problem is not necessarily the difficulty of the steps
required to repair the problem, but having the proper tools and test
equipment - particularly on the more electronically endowed cameras. I
like understanding how things work , particularly cameras as elegant as
the OM-2/2n`s I have. I have bodies to practice taking apart and to
salvage parts from. Some repairs (like a meter switch I just replaced)
are easy enough to do , but if you don`t have a spare body, none of the
established repair shops will sell one (I know, I tried).
Thank goodness for the Mark Dapoz`s out there who take the incredible
amount of time and effort to put repair manuals and actual pictures of
various repair operations on their websites.

Pat Rabun