[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 00:23:58 -0300
on 3/05/2004 08:09, Andrew Gullen at andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Because it looks so beautiful when projected.
This is my point of view too.

But I would like to know how do people in this group manage printing slides
nowadays.
I've scannned Provia100F w/Coolscan4000 (see my entry at Landmarks) but the
print I got from a good Fuji lab was dark and blue. I adjusted PS myself at
the lab computer (basic adjustments since I'm no expert) for a second print
guessing how to match the output device and was better but not nearly as
close as what I had formerly obtained from Radiance.

Someone mentioned Ilfochrome...

I maybe wrong since resources at these latitudes of the globe are rather
limited, but I suspect digital scanning and printing are far below the old
Cibachrome/Ektachrome/Radiance.

Could someone comment on this, please.

TIA

Fernando

who's just got a velvia 50 to blow up to 20x30 cm and wishes to submit it to
http://www.mercourbano.gov.ar/html/premios.htm