[OM] Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 back from repair.

Subject: [OM] Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 back from repair.
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:04:21 -0700
Some of you may recall that I bought this lens back in October from the
dreaded auction site and when it arrived the filter attached to the
front of the lens had been smashed and it had scarred the front
element. I was tempted to ditch the lens, but instead I sent it to
Sigma and then waited for seven months. I'd occasionally get a call
from them. Once they called to tell me the lens was too old and they
didn't have any parts for it. I was expecting it back then, but a month
or so later they called again to say that there might be parts in Japan
and that hope was not gone. Then they called to say that the parts were
on their way. Then to tell me that the parts in question had turned out
to be used parts from disassembled lenses, but if I still wanted them
the cost would be minimal. Finally this morning the lens arrived. For
all the waiting, they did an amazing job. The new front element seems
pristine and focus seems perfect with no infinity issues that I can
detect with my eyes. What's more, it seems that they have overhauled
the lens because the action is *much* smoother than it was when it
arrived here in the first place. It feels like a brand new lens. It may
have taken a while, but it seems like they did it right. I'll know more
as soon as I burn some film with it, but I was excited and had to
babble a little.

-Rob