[OM] Re: Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 back from repair.

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 back from repair.
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:00:08 -0700
I've wanted one for quite a while. I was never a fan of one-touch
lenses or I'd have grabbed a Tokina or a Tamron by now, but I had my
Zuiko 180mm f2.8 and was happy enough using it and just waiting to come
across one of the APO Sigmas. When one popped up it was attached to a
black OM-1n, but I didn't mind too much. The pair went fairly cheap. I
sold the OM-1n with an old Vivitar zoom I'd had laying around for
almost what I'd paid for it and the Sigma. I was really bummed that the
Sigma was damaged when it got here, but it honestly seems like they've
done a beautiful job of not only repairing, but reconditioning this old
lens. It took a long time and some of the phone conversations were in
Japanese-English that was almost incomprehensible to my monolingual
American ears, but I am really pleased at the end result of it all.

It almost makes me reconsider grabbing a Sigma SD-10.

BTW, that's a lovely image, Gary.

-Rob (wishing I'd had this lens in Tahoe over last weekend)