[OM] Re: Mannheim's book for less than USD20! - Now FS

Subject: [OM] Re: Mannheim's book for less than USD20! - Now FS
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 00:27:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2004 10:42:43 PM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Wow, Bill. I'll take the 300/4.5 macro. How close does that go with the
bellows? And I thought my 135/4.5 had good standoff distance! :-)

Yes, I'm sure you think that was some kind of brain far* or something, but
what if it came from that secret plant in the northwest woods and I was the
holder of the only prototype lens and what if I had the bellows that had swings
and tilts and what if I at least knew someone read my post.  I'd be a happy
camper.  Oh joy, oh joy!  Hmmm, if supported by a second tripod and if the
camera
body was on a focusing rail attached to the other tripod, why couldn't you use
the 300mm f4.5 on the bellows?  Unlike the 135mm f4.5 macro, you would have
no trouble finding the proper hood for your lens.  As you might have guessed, I
am not real interested in selling the main part of the library, however was
interested in letting the list know I had some stuff to move out as I make room
for an E 1.  Well actually I needed to make some room and create some green
of the folding kind.  Rather than spend a couple of hours typing a for sale
listing, which sometimes draws some activity and sometimes not, I basically
said,
here is some stuff I want to sell and if there is something other than this
you want to buy, let me know.  I've had a bump or two and have the following
currently on ebay: 35mm f2.8 shift, 100mm f2.8 &  21mm f3.5.  There will be
other good things going that way in the next few days, including the 135mm
f4.5,
300mm f4.5 (assuming I don't try my two tripod, focusing rail rig and like it)
400mm f6.3 and 50mm f3.5 macro to name a few. A bunch of bodies from the OM 10
thru the OM 2S and had even thought about parting with an OM 4T and/or near
mint OM 3, but I'll need to sleep on both of those, given that both have had a
recent CLA and have 2-13 screens installed.   Maybe I should offer a bonus to
anyone who buys one of my big items at the Buy It Now price and that bonus
would be to allow them to buy a new 2-13 screen for the discounted price of $75
(
as compared to the last one which sold for about $125 on ebay).  Probably
need to hang on to them as long as I'm using OM cameras and shooting film.
Bill
Barber