[OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 06:19:33 +0100
OK Joel, it looks as if I am going to persuade my wife to buy a
Mju/Sylus, with a spot function and preferably the 100 Wide, in about
30 minutes, while we pass through Stansted airport on our way to
Shannon.  An impossible task?  Nooo, but quite difficult! ;-)

Thanks

Chris

On 5 May 2004, at 03:52, Wilcox, Joel F wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Of the new ones, I like the looks of the Stylus 100 Wide.  The lens is
> 28-100mm.  I don't know why one wants to go longer than 100-105 with
> these cameras, but wider is better IMHO.
snip
> Personally, I think it's an excuse.  She's satisfied and doesn't need a
> change even to something better.  Mine's the same and won't use the
> IS-50 I bought her.
>
> But she's gotten quite good with the Stylus 35-70 zoom.  She's mastered
> the focus lock and fills the frame.  I sometimes look at what I got and
> prefer hers!  The ultimate humbling experience.
>
> Joel W.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.