[OM] Re: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHH Matie!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHH Matie!!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 07:47:18 -0600
At 07:15 AM 05/05/2004, Evan Ruff wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>So I'm Sea Kayaking to Cumberland Island (GA) this weekend and this is my
>first time I intend to bring my OM-4T (T for Trustie).

[snip]

>  Is there some sort
>of box someone sells that is watertight that can (safely) hold this stuff?

Evan:

Try these:

      http://www.gsioutdoors.com/products/lexan/73506.html

I use these to store my gear at home (which are in a basement where the
humidity is above the magic 40% mark where fungus can start to grow on
glass).  I just toss my equipment in with a hydrosorbent canister, and
voila! -- low-humidity storage for my precious OMs.

In the photo at the above URL, there's two stacks of Lexan boxes -- the
largest one on the left-hand stack will accommodate a 300mm F/4.5 Zuiko as
well as one small lens and a body.  The big one on the right-hand stack is
something I haven't seen locally, but I sure wouldn't mind.  They're
surprisingly roomy.

Garth