[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:23:44 +0100

yves barbaroux <ybarbaroux@xxxxxxx>
was written successfully
> Hi all of you olynuts !
> I'm one too but may be less wise than the average; and I'm going late
> here.
>
> 1 )  Does somebody can explain why  you mainly use color slide instead
> of color negative even
>      if you are not professionals whose work is going to be printed ?
>      I cannot find  an argument for that choice in terms of cost ,
> quality and ease of use since the
>       scanner made it so easy to work with negatives.
>       Are you looking to dificulty as a bonus ?

Nahh...but...my spouse bought me a slide projector for a birthday some years
 ago, and there's nothing better than reliving a trip or vacation in 2.4m x
 3.6m. Also, after having done some Cibachromes (or whatever the process is
 called these days), I am absolutely sold ;)

> 2 ) Here in France Olympus was never a best seller and information and
> support are scare,
>       I 'm looking for batteries 1,35 V for OM1N and have just found a
> dealer in USA but infortunately
>       my mail to him was undelivered
>       DO you know this product and does it work ?

Well, I stocked up, and have the right batteries for some years to come.
 Nonetheless, John H. sold me some adaptors, allowing me to use SR44W's in
 the OM1's. They work fine, and will be indispensable when my stock of
 batteries dries out.

> 3 ) I tried before a C.R.I.S.S adapter with SR44 in my 2 bodies of OM1
> and they dont work, the cell becomme erratic with them ! (I
>     know indeed that the cells are working right with old mercury
> batteries )
>      Is it the adapter I received which is not good or am I doinng
> something wrong ?

I think that the adaptors I got from John are Criss too. It should work..