[OM] Re: [Re: Mannheim's book for less than USD20!]]

Subject: [OM] Re: [Re: Mannheim's book for less than USD20!]]
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:05:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/04 3:15:50 PM Central Daylight Time, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Heck, I want one too. But if the market will support a price of $100, $200,
>
> or even $500, I don't fault anyone from selling at that price

The Mannheim book is probably the best one I've seen and I wouldn't pay $500
for it.  If someone offered me $500 for mine, it would no longer reside at my
house.  If any would be worth that, a mint copy, like I have would probably be
the one to draw that price.

As one who has put a pretty nice (read that as big) kit together over the
past 4 years or so by buying and selling camera stuff, I've sold some stuff for
more than I paid for it, some for the same and some for less.  No one has ever
paid me more than they were willing to pay and I believe each buyer has
received value for their dollars spent. Yes, the market does set the price.  It
is a
little aggravating to see the 2 series screens selling for 3 times the price
they could have been had for a few months ago, however when it gets down to
the last lap or two of generating the funds needed for the E-1, I'll probably
put a screen 2-4 or 2-13 on ebay and let the market determine its value.  That
is the way the system works.

Bill Barber