[OM] Re: cleaning lens glass

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning lens glass
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 06:59:15 EDT
All I use is my own hot breath followed by a wipe with an old fashioned cloth
diaper. ( A diaper that was never used for its intended purpose, of course!)
I have another diaper that I use for wiping down camera bodies once in a
while to get dirt and dirty fingerprints off without chemicals or the
possibility
of scratches or rub marks developing.
This has never failed me, it's worked no matter what is on the glass, dirt,
greasy fingerprints, etc. I've found that when you clean a lens, less is better
than overkilling it with solvents.

George S.

 jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Being a newbie to photography I hope I can get away with asking a boring
question!
What do you think is the *best* way to clean grease and general grime that
a soft brush will not remove from the glass of lenses and filters.
I have tried the usual bottle of lens cleaning solution only to find it
leaves streaks
Regards
James