[OM] Re: OM series / Digital interface

Subject: [OM] Re: OM series / Digital interface
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:08:34 -0700
Cc: Barry B.Bean <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On May 5, 2004, at 7:59 PM, Barry B. Bean wrote:

> I've just been skimming messages for the last year or two, so I'm
> hoping something slipped by me.
>
> Is there a body or adapter out  that will let me use my substantial
> investment in OM-series glass on a digital platform?

Barry, there is a third party adaptor that will allow you to use your
OM lenses on Canon digital cameras. Olympus makes an adaptor that will
let you use your OM glass on an E-1.

The Oly gives a 2x multiplication factor and the Canon gives a
multiplication factor of 1.6, which would make a difference in how
useful your lenses are. For instance a 21mm lens would be equivalent to
a 42mm on the Oly and a 34mm on the Canon. The Oly has a 4/3 proportion
to the image and the Canon has the same 3/2 proportion as 35mm film.
The E-1 price has just dropped to $1499, the same as the Canon 10D. The
Canon 300D is available for $899.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA