[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - Now- OM-2S For Sale

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - Now- OM-2S For Sale
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:51:48 EDT
As you all know, I won an auction for a Zuiko 40mm f/2 pancake lens, OM-2S
and Tokina 35-135mm f 3.5 - 4.5 lens.

The 40mm is pristine, looks like it just came out of the box. I'm almost
afraid to handle it, but I'm going to anyway.
The Tokina is another story. It too, from the outside, looks brand new. But,
there's an internal element that looks so cloudy it almost looks "frosted"
when you look closely thru the lens with a magnifier. It strangely enough,
looks
OK when mounted on a body and viewed thru the viewfinder. I'll run it over to
Essex Camera and see what can be done, because it really is a shame, since the
lens is only about 1/4 in. longer than the Zuiko 35-105, and it also takes
55mm filters.

Now I have two OM-2S bodies, and have to sell one. If anyone is interested,
the body for sale is very very nice, very deep black, no dents/dings/no
brassing anywhere, not even by the strap rings. Still has "passed" sticker on
the
side of the prism. It has one tiny (1 to 2mm) size speck of paint missing from
the memo holder on the back. It has a few 1 to 2mm spots missing from one area
of the bottom plate, and a few letters and numbers were half-heartedly
attempted to be scratched into the same small area of the plate. They did not
even go
all the way thru the paint, and it isn't noticeable with the naked eye, I only
saw it under the magnifying glass. I'd bet that car wax would remove the
etching completely. This body comes with an Olympus strap and Olympus body cap,
but no TTL cover. I'd like to get $239 for it with free Priority Mail shipping
included, and a 7-day return privilege. I checked it out, ( shutter speeds,
shutter curtains, LCD displays, modes, etc) and all looks and works as it
should.

Thanks
George S.