[OM] Re: cleaning lens glass

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning lens glass
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 20:31:08 -0700
Haven't tried that one. I just use plain old micro-fiber cloths. I have
them laying around everywhere (I know, getting lint on them to scratch
my lenses). The one on my desk right now is made by "Micro-Clair" and
it's a pleasant shade of pumpkin. I keep them laying around to clean my
glasses and find that they do lenses really well, too (despite said
desk lint). If there's something visibly stuck to the lens I shoot the
cloth with some lens cleaner first. No name brand or anything, just
whatever I happen to pick up. I have "AR Kleener" on my desk right now.
I probably have something different in my Mini-Trekker. I honestly
haven't seen much difference over the years between the various
cleaning fluids. I've used Kodak's junk and rebranded junk with camera
manufacturer's logos on it and assorted sundry junks by others and none
of them have ever really stood out, IMO. They all seem up to the job.

Now cleaning 3/4" tape heads...there's something that calls for a
specific potion. ;-)