[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 06:22:51 +0100
Fair point Winsor, but I suppose the OM4Ti remains, for me, the
pinnacle of film photography.  You could not say that about the E-1  as
far as portable digital capture is concerned.  And the latter prices of
the OM4Ti were rather steep; I should describe the E-1 as overpriced,
especially considering its capability, especially considering its
capability compared with the potential for digital sensor in the near
future.  And the price has fallen by a huge amount already: Jessops in
this country are selling them for £400 (GBP) less than at their
introduction!

I do not decry anyone else's decision to buy the camera and to start
out on the range of lenses which appear to be very good; but I do
exhort those with OMs not to worry about it if they cannot afford the
E-1 (like me) or are wondering if they should be following the  pack.

Chris

On 6 May 2004, at 20:55, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> And what kind of depreciation would one of the last OM4T have
> experienced? Also less than half.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, California
> USA