[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 06:18:06 -0400
Ah, what we need to do to rationalize our purchase of camera gear.
Following similar thinking as Bill, I just plunked down money for the
E-1 and 14-54 lens. Here is my justification:

I was taking pictures of my new grand daughter with the C-5050. I had
it in raw mode. My daughter kept saying, "what's the matter with that
camera, take the picture. Your missing the best smile." Next I like
macro work and didn't want to miss the MA-1 giveaway. For macro work I
don't need image stabilization or autofocus. I'll be really upset if the
MA-1 deal does not materialize after I get the camera. If it does NOT
come, I will NOT purchase any more E-system lenses. Counter intuitive
to Olympus marketing I'm sure, but why waste more money on a camera
that does not fit my system.

The E-1 has limits I wish were not there, 2x sensor versus possible
full frame sensors, image stabilization, and noise at the higher speeds.
But the camera size is not bad and most of my photographer fits in the
5.5mp sensor range.

Whether Olympus is spending a lot of time designing an obsolete system,
history will tell. And we all have different pain thresholds when
spending our money.

Too bad the new 150mm F2.0 lens does not do macro. That would be an
ideal addition, albeit expensive one.

<http://www.dphoto.us/news/node/view/91>

Wayne

PS, to justify the purchase to the SO, I'm selling off some Bronica gear.