[OM] Re: Where to buy Olympus E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Where to buy Olympus E-1
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 05:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/

Good folks.  I was there yesterday, but I was trying on a D70, not an E1.  Does
passable IR with an R-72 filter, BTW.

Gary Edwards

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 5/7/2004 6:32:22 PM Central Standard Time,
om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There is a lot of talk on dpreview.com about Arlington Camera in Texas as
having a very good reputation for the E-System and the best prices. Ask for
Jim,
as I understand.

Yes, they were at the Texas School I attended last week and had a huge
display (essentially an entire camera store) complete with two very
knowledgeable
Olympus Representatives and all the lenses. When I decide to plop down my cash,
I will give them a call. Before the rebates were announce (and before I has
scraped together some green) they were offering the E-1 and 14-54mm at a show
special of $1900 + tax. If they were in Houston, I'd probably buy from them
without looking anywhere else. They aren't and so dealing with them might be a
little like buying from any other out of town shop. I will make a pass at
them before I buy. They are good people. I have their email/business card at
the office if anyone can't figure out how to get in touch with them. Bill Barber