[OM] Re: Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!
From: "Garry Lewis" <garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:29:09 -0500
>What's the serial number? People on this list can tell us how old and what
>version it is. My older 50/1.8 is OK but nothing to crow about.

After Googling on the web, I found a site that shows I have the oldest version-
even pre- dating the MC's.

F-Zuiko AUTO-S 50mm f/1.8

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/50mm1a.htm

Guess I'll have to save my pennies. Both 1.4 and 1.8 are running equal on *bay
at $50-$60. The only question is 1.8(MIJ) or 1.4? Which is sharper? If their
equal, I think I'd go for the 1.4 because I don't really need two 1.8's and I
might get back into available light.
 If the 1.8 is sharper, I'll just have to keep the old lens for a back-up and
buy the newer version.

Yours still listening,

Garry D. Lewis