[OM] Re: Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 23:28:37 -0700

On May 8, 2004, at 2:32 PM, Garry Lewis wrote:

> After pricing ,the Macro is out. Plus I don't do much macro work, so
> need something that is bias for the longer distances.

Both the Zuiko macro lenses have a floating element that corrects for
both macro and distance. So a macro is not a handicap for distance. The
50/3.5 is much less expensive than the 50/2 and many consider it to be
as good albeit slower. Unlike some lenses it was never the cheap
version of the more expensive lens, it was Oly's 50mm macro until the
F2 model finally came out.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA