[OM] Re: Dusty Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Dusty Lenses
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 07:28:27 -0400
>Back in the 70's and 80's I used to have small green cards issued by the
>local Canadian customs office which identified all my Olympus gear; I used
>them when returning from foreign vacations to prove my original ownership
>before I left Canada. Has that system stopped now?

Those are the Y38, "Identification of Articles for Temporary
Exportation". I still make sure mine are up to date and do carry them
on cross-border visits, for all my cameras/lenses/PCs, but haven't
had a need to show them for many years. I think Garth's concern is
more about "unaccompanied" merchandise, though...

Michael
--
Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toronto, Ontario, Canada