[OM] Re: E-1 Infrared (Re: Where to buy Olympus E-1)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Infrared (Re: Where to buy Olympus E-1)
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 10:16:58 -0400
Thanks, Skip. Nice compositions.

The tonal difference between tree foliage and other elements suggest
sensitivity range somewhere between SFX200 and Konica 750.

The exposure time suggests that there is some kind of IR filtering in the
camera - even 750 would give about 1/30 or so at 5.6 (maybe a bit slower -
I've tested with an 092, while the R72 is an 87C, right?) and most digital
cameras are supposed to be pretty IR-sensitive. Can anyone chime in on CCD
vs. CMOS and which the E-1 uses?

Bottom line seems to be that you can take usable IR but it's slow, and the
tonal values will be less dramatic than an IR film.

Andrew