[OM] More comments - (Re: Sports with the E-1: results and opinions)

Subject: [OM] More comments - (Re: Sports with the E-1: results and opinions)
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:50:10 -0500
I did about 200 more shots today and came to some conclusions about sports and
the E-1.

1. In the full sun, I used Contrast at -2 and a +1/2 Exposure Comp to open up
the shadows.  This worked nicely.

2. I shifted to center-weighted metering, which seemed to prevent the camera
from reading some white areas too much.

3. When you use continuous focusing and set the camera to not release the
shutter until it achieves focus, it cuts the effective frame-rate to much less
than 3 fps.  So for my purposes, I moved to single AF mode and continuously
re-focused for my shots.  I just had to realize that if my subject was coming
towards me, I had to re-focus for each shot.  The good thing is that the camera
wouldn't take the picture until the subject was in focus in both modes.  I also
get a full 3 fps in single AF mode.

4. I was using Aperture priority yesterday, but moved to Program-shift today,
which provided more flexibility, as I then had no chance for the camera to run
out of shutter speeds.

Skip