[OM] Re: foxes

Subject: [OM] Re: foxes
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 22:23:30 -0700
Thanks for the kind words.

These foxes live in the National Park here where the dog and i go for
our walk and so aren't hunted or trapped. In fact they are quite bold to
the point that people living nearby best not leave the grill unattended.
(that's a barbie to some of you) The fox population's fortunes rise and
fall with the rabbit population. They are territorial and I have gotten
to know this female's hang out. Seldom more than 1/4 mile from the road.
These photos were taken within 25 yards of a road. Luckily there were no
other cars while I was there. Color spans the full range from black to
brown, rusty red, grey-blue, dun to blonde. In fact there was a very
attractive blonde in the group that i saw last week, let's call her
7of9. I was hoping to get some shots this time but was no where to be
seen. You can see her/him in the grab shot I took last week. 1of9 and
2of9 are in the center of this group shot.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/foxes1.jpg   Patience
is about all that was necessary but that wasn't a problem as the little
guys and gals are sure fun to watch. The difficulty was trying to catch
them standing still, focused and in the viewfinder all at the same time.
I wanted to catch the play but got a lot of blurry shots. Anyone else in
the area want to give them a shoot I can give directions.

Mike