[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 07:54:03 EDT
I'm sure that profit is a motive, but also put yourself in Olympus's shoes-
they staked their future on this NEW 4/3 system, touting their achievement as a
NEW system (which it is) and a NEW system for the digital age, which their R&
D started from the ground up, and they also toot their own horn when they say
these new E-1 lenses are the NEWEST thing in digital, which in itself is a NEW
technology, and the technology and R&D put into these lenses is all-NEW.

See where we're going here? If their camera bodies, lenses, and the
technology is NEW from the ground up, how can they explain that you'll get
great
results from using their 30 year OLD Zuikos? To them, these arguments are
contradictory to what they want to advertise the system as. (NEW !).

George S.